The 1st lighthouse design in Igueldo dates from 1744, and was popularly known as the Faroa from its inaugural in seventeen hundred and forty eight. The beacon light, square up and with octagonal top side, was lit from Sept to May, was of rigid illumination and its functionary background It was fifty kilometers away, This beacon was deserted due to the indemnity suffered by the Carlist Wars (the historic Streetlight is now a vantage point of the city)